Hot Hot Hot – advice for taking care in the Lanzarote sunshine
Things are hotting up nicely in Lanzarote this week with temperatures forecast to reach 28º
Sunburn is really not a good look and so dangerous for our skin and sun stroke is absolutely no fun, so we have provided a few tips to keep safe in the Lanzarote heat:-
- Put your sun screen on first thing in the morning before you get dressed.
- Use a high factor, particularly on sensitive areas such as face and neck, chest, shoulders and knees. Children’s skin is particularly vulnerable so always use a factor 30 or above. Sun factors below 15 have very little effect in protecting skin.
- Re-apply sun screen regularly, particularly if you’re using the showers and pools.
- Wear a sun hat to protect the top of your head, the back of your neck and your face from the sun.
- Limit the number of hours you spend in full sun, particularly between 11am and 3pm.
- Drink lots of water. In climates such as ours it’s recommended that you drink 2 litres of water a day. Avoid caffeine, tea and alcohol until the day begins to cool down.
- If you fancy a siesta – head to the shade.